About the Patients and Communities Committee
The Patient and Communities Committee provides NHS Norfolk and Waveney with assurance that it is delivering its functions in a way that meets the needs of our patients and communities across Norfolk and Waveney. That is based on engagement and feedback from local people and groups.
The Committee also specifically focusses on how NHS Norfolk and Waveney and the wider Integrated Care System is actively addressing and reducing health inequalities experienced by individuals and communities.
The Committee exists to scrutinise the robustness of, gain and provide assurance to the NHS Norfolk and Waveney, that there is an effective system of internal control that supports it to effectively deliver its strategic objectives and provide sustainable, high-quality care.
By this, we mean that the organisation is working efficiently and effectively to deliver its goals and ambitions, supporting the wider ICS to ensure that our people and communities across Norfolk and Waveney are at the heart of local decision making across health and care.
The Committee provides regular assurance updates to the Board of NHS Norfolk and Waveney in relation to activities and items within its remit and also, scrutinise and work with services across the organisation to ensure that we are actively addressing health inequalities and supporting service improvement across the system to help people lead longer, healthier and happier lives.
The Committee also focusses on the work of key approaches, projects and programmes to help ensure we work with our people and communities to involve them, engage with them and work with them to build services that meet their needs. These are part of our People and Communities approach for Norfolk and Waveney, an evolving document which is updated on a regular basis. This sets out our collective approach to communications and engagement across Norfolk and Waveney.
Key to the Patients and Communities Committee will be two Committee members with lived experience, providing vital input, feedback and challenge to support our work as an organisation and indeed, wider ICS.
The Committee will also receive insight, make sure it is gathered appropriately, monitor progress to ensure that change is happening. It will also constantly refer back to the ‘so what’ question – what does this mean for our people and communities.
More information can be found in the Patients and Communities Committee Terms of Reference (ToR).
The Committee meetings take place every two months. Outside of the Patients and Communities Committee, visit our people and communities hub to find out how you can get involved and have your say in a wide range of projects and programmes. Your views are important to us.
Meeting dates and details
- 27 November 2023, 3pm – 5pm – This meeting took place virtually via MS Teams. Meeting papers can be found here.
- 25 September 2023, 3pm – 5pm – This meeting took place virtually via MS Teams. The meeting details and papers can be found here. You can watch the meeting back here.
- 24 July 2023, 3pm – 5pm – This meeting took place virtually via MS Teams. You can watch the meeting back here. You can find the papers for this meeting here. Please find a summary report which provides information about a number of engagement opportunities that have recently launched and are currently live here, as discussed at the meeting.
- 22 May 2023, 3pm – 5pm – This meeting took place virtually via MS Teams. You can watch the meeting back here. You can find the papers for this meeting here.
- 27 March 2023, 3pm – 5pm – This meeting took place virtually via MS Teams. You can watch the meeting back here. You can find papers for this meeting here.