Resources for Community Connectors and Community Champions
Welcome to the Norfolk and Waveney Community Voices (NWCV) resource page. The insight you gather and share as a community connector or champion is really important to help us understand our communities and to plan support and services that are right for local people.
Below is a range of resources that aim to support you to have those conversations, either by offering skills development or resources for signposting people to. Check back regularly as this page will be regularly updated. Please let us know if you think anything is missing or if you know of a useful resource to add: email@example.com.
eLearning in Behaviour Change and Making Every Contact Count (MECC) for community champions and connectors
Behaviour Change Literacy (BCL) programme
This programme aims to give an understanding of the range of individual, environmental and policy influences that can impact on people’s health behaviours and why they are important. It includes key values, principles and core communication skills essential for person-centred individual approaches. There are two elearning courses for Individual Learners and an advanced Behaviour Change Literacy course for Workforce Leaders.More information
Making Every Contact Count programme
This programme recognises that staff across health and care, local authority and voluntary sectors have thousands of contacts every day with individuals and are ideally placed to support health and wellbeing. The MECC elearning programme is designed to support learners in developing an understanding of public health and the factors that impact on a person’s health and wellbeing. It focuses on how asking questions and listening effectively to people is a vital role for us all.Learn more
Here you can find useful project documents including translated documents in languages such as Lithuanian, Russian, Portugese and more.View documents
Watch a selection of the latest helpful webinar videos designed to help you support our people and communities.View Training Videos
On this page you can find information about Data Protection and evidence of how the Community Voices Programme is compliant.View Data Protection Information
Signposting to online resources
Here you will find a list of resources that can be accessed online by following the links provided:
- Ready to Change website – https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/care-support-and-health/health-and-wellbeing/adults-health/ready-to-change
- NHS Website – Information about COVID-19 vaccinations including booking appointments – www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Norfolk and Waveney Wellbeing Service website offers a range of support for people with common mental health and emotional issues, such as low mood, depression or stress – includes details of how to self-refer, live chat options, and self-help resources such as podcasts, webinars and workshops – Helping you live your life – The Wellbeing Service Norfolk and Waveney (wellbeingnands.co.uk)
- Norfolk and Waveney Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Hub – Our EDI Resource Hub includes resources in Easy Read format that explain local services such as ‘what is the NHS’ and ‘How to register with a GP’. Resources are suitable for people with learning disabilities, autism, limited literacy, and limited English. They will also soon be available in 16 key languages spoken in Norfolk and Waveney.
- Glossaries available on the NWICB website – General glossary and NHS acronyms, Glossary of medical terms related to cancer, Glossary of EDI terms.
- Help With Living Costs – Norfolk County Council offers support and advice for people who may be struggling with living costs for a range of reasons Help with living costs – Norfolk County Council
- Cost of Living Support – Suffolk County Council offers a range of advice for households, businesses and charitable organisations during the cost of living challenge as well as ways people can offer support to others Cost of living support | Suffolk County Council