This weekend health colleagues across Norfolk and Waveney are urging those who are eligible to come forward for their COVID-19 vaccination.
Extra slots have been made available this weekend (14 and 15 October) for COVID-19 vaccinations. Many slots are available for walk-in – so no need to make an appointment.
Those who prefer to make a an appointment, these can be made via the National Booking System online or by calling 119.
Those eligible for a COVID vaccination:
- Residents in a care home for older adults
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- Persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group
- Frontline health and social care workers – no staff ID required, please let the vaccinator know you are a health or care work.
- Persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers and staff working in care homes for older adults.
- carers (unpaid/paid/ personal health budgets) no need to have evidence (as we asked for in previous years) just book and let the vaccinator know you are a carer.
Sites available this weekend:
Vancouver Quarter, Conduit Street, Kings Lynn – Sat 14th and Sun 15th 8am. to 6p.m.
James Paget Hospital, Gorleston– Sat 14th and Sun 15th 8.15am -5.30pm
Pharmacy Exprezz Great Yarmouth Walk ins Sat 14th & Sun 15th 9.30am-1pm
Wellness Hub, Castle Quarter Shopping Centre, Sat 14th 8.30-3.30pm
Thetford Healthy Living Centre Sat 14th 8.30-12.30 & 1.30 -4.30
These above listed sessions will be offering COVID vaccinations to all those eligible aged 12 years and over.
These sessions are in addition to the many other locations offering bookable appointments or walk-ins. For all the information on COVID vaccinations and the vaccine, times and locations of walk-in clinics and details on making a booked appointment visit: https://improvinglivesnw.org.uk/our-work/our-campaigns/covid-19-vaccinations/
As of (October 11) a total of 128,028 people across the N&WICB area had received their COVID autumn booster jab. A total of 25% 0f our eligible population.
Last week alone 46,693 people were vaccinated against the virus.
The autumn booster COVID campaign is being administered alongside the seasonal flu vaccination campaign. So far 165,528 people have received their flu jab in N&WICB representing 25% of the eligible population.
Not all locations offer vaccination to all eligible categories so please check in advance.
Those eligible for a flu vaccination:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis