Our vision is for our Norfolk and Waveney population to be more actively involved in their health and wellbeing and make decisions based on ‘what matters to me’ conversation and what they really need. Personalised care means people have choice and control over the way their care is planned and delivered.
Our current focus is to:
- Embed and expand Social Prescribing, Care Coordination and Health and Wellbeing Coaching provision in primary care networks (PCNs) across Norfolk and Waveney. This will enable professionals to refer people to a range of local, non-clinical services to support their health and wellbeing.
- Lead in convening key strategic partners to enable the delivery of the ambitions set out in the NHS Long Term Plan for every local neighbourhood to have good quality social prescribing provision.
- Support all of Norfolk and Waveney Integrated Care System (ICS) in developing a Social Prescribing Strategy as an enabler to support delivery of an all age, whole population approach.
- Guide PCNs and ICS to take population health approaches to designing, targeting and evaluating the impact of social prescribing on health inequalities.
- Create and Coordinate a Social Prescribing Network and provide learning opportunities and support to the 200+ personalised care roles based across the Norfolk and Waveney.
- Host a range of events to bring partners together on different topics and to share best practice where it is happening in Norfolk and Waveney, all of which supports the wider development of social prescribing.
- Innovate in social prescribing within primary care and beyond, for example, to develop models of social prescribing for children and young people, increase specialisms in Social Prescribing, and testing models of collaborative commissioning i.e. through acute health settings, supporting discharge, admission avoidance and elective pathways.
We provide leadership and support to the Norfolk and Waveney system; including NHS England (NHSE), Integrated Care System (ICS), all health settings, Primary Care Networks (PCN), Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE), Local Authority (LA), Social Care, Public Health, Community Voice and other partners across Norfolk and Waveney to help spread and scale personalised care and facilitate cross sector collaboration.
Our focus is on the spread, scale-up and sustainability of social prescribing in Norfolk and Waveney by:
- Supporting the workforce through recruitment and retention initiatives
- Supporting development of social prescribing strategies and best practice frameworks
- Driving innovation in social prescribing
- Communicating the benefits and the impact of social prescribing
There are currently many Social Prescribing Programmes, services are managed by GP Practices, Primary Care Networks, GP Federations, and the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector.
Norfolk and Waveney Integrated Care Board, hope you will find this resource useful!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions related to the map.